If you have an American Express credit card, then you must be aware of your KrisFlyer Miles earning potential on all eligible purchases. But are you getting the best use out of your miles? The fact that you own an American Express credit card coupled with the KrisFlyer Miles Program says that you are a traveller.
Get the most out of the KrisFlyer Miles Program with this information:
Redeem your KrisFlyer Miles to buy flight tickets on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir
- You only need a minimum of 3,000 KrisFlyer Miles to start redeeming them for flight tickets or preferred seats on Singapore Airlines and SilkAir.
- You can choose to pay for your full travel purchases or a part of your ticket fare with your KrisFlyer Miles.
KrisFlyer Miles for Saver and Standard Awards
- You can use your KrisFlyer Miles to choose from Saver Awards from SilkAir and
Standard Awards from Singapore Airlines.
- Upon confirming your flight ticket, you can even upgrade your ticket for a Premium Economy Class, Business Class, First Class, or Singapore Airlines Suites.
Share your KrisFlyer Miles with people you love
You can use your KrisFlyer Miles to pay for flight tickets for your friends and family in the following ways:
- You can choose up to 5 people as “redemption nominees” to share your award tickets and flight upgrades.
- Any person can be a “redemption nominee”, i.e. family, friends, neighbours, colleagues etc.
- Adding people as your “redemption nominee” is free. However, once you add a nominee, you cannot make a change to your list for 6 months. If you want to remove a nominee, it will cost you money/miles to do so.
Why the KrisFlyer Miles Program is the best for travellers
- Anyone above 2 years of age is eligible to enrol in the KrisFlyer Miles Program (unless in countries where the program is prohibited by law).
- Enrolment into the KrisFlyer Miles Program is free until otherwise communicated.
- Through this program, you can purchase a preferred seat even after you have already booked your ticket.
- KrisFlyer Miles can be earned across all classes of travel, except G booking class.
What you need to consider under the KrisFlyer Miles Program
- You cannot use your KrisFlyer Miles to pay for the following fares:
- Group fares.
- Corporate fares.
- Any itinerary containing a flight not operated by SilkAir or Singapore Airlines.
- You cannot use your KrisFlyer Miles to pay for surcharges and taxes for flight upgrades and award tickets.
- You cannot use your KrisFlyer Miles to pay for flight tickets purchased through Singapore Airlines call centres, ticket offices, and travel agents.
- Miles expire within 3 years
- Redeeming your KrisFlyer Miles for award tickets – round trip award tickets will cost you double the number of KrisFlyer Miles when compared to one-way tickets. Also, the taxes, fees and fuel surcharges must be paid separately.
- Redeeming your KrisFlyer Miles for flight upgrades – you can only redeem one segment of your trip made in an eligible booking class for an upgrade at a time. Flight upgrades are not available for codeshare flights.
It doesn’t cost you anything to enrol in the KrisFlyer Miles Program. So enrol now and use this information to get the most out of it. The two American Express credit cards that can be used to take direct advantage of this program are the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend and the American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit cards. There are other travel credit cards too allow you to convert points into KrisFlyer Miles.