It used to be that department stores were places that only our parents went. It was kinda boring, the shopping experience was old fashioned, and people only visited Robinsons during the sales (though that’s probably still true).
Much of that’s been changed. Robinsons, particularly the stores at The Heeren and Jem, are well-stocked with good quality brands and exclusive items you won’t find in other stores. The shopping experience is far better than stuffier department stores like OG or Metro. And if you have an OCBC Robinsons Group Visa Card, you’ll be entitled to more sales than your wallet can handle!
Who is the OCBC Robinsons Card for?
- Those who love the shopping at department stores
- Millennials who have just moved into a new house and are looking to do up their house. Think 1,000 thread-count bedsheets, marble coasters, essential oil diffusers, Japanese tableware, Scanpan and Le Creuset pots and pans.
- Those who like to get invitations to members-only events and private sales, exclusive special privileges at retail stores and more.
- People who love amazing offers. (Did you hear about the overnight queue outside Robinsons Heeren the night before their Black Friday sale??)
Check this out too: Best Shopping Credit Cards in Singapore
OCBC Robinsons Card is packed with great features and benefits
As a co-brand credit card, you get to enjoy unique features that can’t be found in shopping credit cards.
- With the OCBC Robinsons Card, you will get 5-10% rebates on top of existing discounts on all in-store merchandise. There is also no restriction on how much rebate you’ll get, so you have an additional incentive for shopping.
- You will get a 25% Robinsons discount letter after you spend a minimum of S$500 at Marks & Spencer or Robinsons during qualifying periods. Some brands are excluded from this bonus discount. Nonetheless, the letter covers a wide range of products and can be used on top of existing discounts.
- You will get rebates credited to your account instantly. Also, you will get to enjoy annual fee waiver when you spend at least S$5,000 every year using this card.
- 1-hour free parking on Saturday and Sunday at The Hereen, Raffles City and JEM. You will need to spend at least $50 at Robinsons or Marks and Spencer.
- Enjoy 12-month interest-free instalment plan at Robinsons for purchases worth at least S$500.
Enjoy 5% rebate at retail brands outside of Robinsons with the OCBC Robinsons Visa Card
- Get 5% rebate at 18 different retail brands in Singapore. Not sure about you, but having 5% off at Zara without any need for minimum spends or rebate cap is enough to make me get this card.
- For every S$2 you spend at stores other than these 18 retail brands, you will earn 1 Robs$
- For every S$2 spent overseas earns you 3 Robs$.
- Once you accumulate enough Robs$, you can redeem them for vouchers that you can use at Robinsons and Marks & Spencer (200 Robs$ = S$1 off).
But wait, there’s a catch, right?
Of course, yes. The rebates are credited as Robs$, so both the earning and conversion rates outside the Robinsons Group stores are very low. For example, if you spend S$2,000 outside of the 18 mentioned stores, you will earn 1,000 Robs$ and you can redeem them at any Robinsons and Marks & Spencer outlets and get (just) S$5 off.
A major drawback with the OCBC Robinsons Card is that you can redeem your earned Robs$ only at Robinsons and Marks & Spencer stores. But then, that’s how co-branded cards work.
There’s no need to make this your everyday card, but for specific shopping needs, this card is very useful.
Here’s what we think of the OCBC Robinsons Visa Card
Card Type: Cash rebate
Annual Fee: S$192.60 (1-year fee waiver)
- Show More Details
- 5% rebate at over 80 stores and on 18 retail brands
- Earn 3 Robs$ for every S$2 spent overseas and 1 Robs$ for local spends excluding the 18 participating brands
- 1-hour free parking every weekend at The Heeren, Jem, and Raffles City
Many shopping credit cards come with a slew of requirements to get a decent cash rebate. With the OCBC Robinsons Card, it serves a specific need and serves it well. Our favourite perks are the 5% cash rebates with no cap or minimum spend at Robinsons and Zara, and member-only sales almost every quarter of the year. For millennials, this is fantastic!
To complement the OCBC Robinsons Card, we also suggest getting the OCBC Titanium Rewards Card, which gives 10X OCBC$ on shopping for clothes, bags, shoes as well as electronics. This helps you cover all bases when it comes to shopping!
Check out our other OCBC credit card reviews here.
Read these too!