All travel credit cards earn you miles. But not all travel credit cards come with travel benefits that ensure that everything you do is done in style!
So, if you are looking for premium benefits, then a premium card is what you will need. And the Maybank Visa Infinite Card is just that.
Features of the Maybank Visa Infinite Card
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features of the Maybank Visa Infinite Card.
Accumulation of TREATS Points
All eligible transactions made in S$ earn you 3 TREATS Points per S$1 and all foreign currency transactions earn you 5 TREATS Points per S$1. All of this with no minimum spend!
As a Visa Infinite Cardholder, you are also automatically enrolled in Maybank’s Rewards Infinite programme. Apart from ensuring that your points never expire, as part of the programme, you can redeem vouchers at 50% off the usual points during your birthday month! This is limited to up to 6,400 TREATS Points, though.
The only hitch is that points can be accumulated up to a total of 1 million TREATS Points. Post which you will have to redeem them. If you don’t, all unused points above 1 million will be forfeited.
What you can do if you don’t want to redeem these points is convert them to KrisFlyer miles, Asia Miles, or BIG Points.
You can convert points to miles in the following blocks:
- 2,000 TREATS Points = 1,000 BIG Points
- 5,000 TREATS Points = 2,000 Asia Miles
- 5,000 TREATS Points = 2,000 KrisFlyer miles
You also get a waiver on the S$25 conversion fee each time you convert points to air miles!
Infinite benefits with the Maybank Visa Infinite Card
Unlimited access to airport lounges
Quite probably our favourite benefit, the Maybank Visa Infinite Card gives you unlimited access to VIP airport lounges across the globe with Priority Pass! And seeing that the pass costs S$399 per year, this sure is a great benefit!
Yes, there is the fact that you need to spend a minimum of S$60,000 each year for your Priority Pass Membership to be auto-renewed, but that isn’t a reason to not take advantage of this privilege when you can!
S$600 annual fee waived for the first year
Now, we don’t usually have an entire section that caters to the annual fee waiver, but we are making an exception for the Maybank Visa Infinite Card.
Well, because it is the only Visa Infinite Credit Card in Singapore that offers you a one-year fee waiver on the annual fee. And seeing that the annual fee is a whopping S$600, an entire sub-heading for this feature is befitting.
Complimentary airport transfer
Unlike credit cards that offer one-way airport transfers (if they offer them at all, that is), the Maybank Visa Infinite Card makes sure that you travel in style both while going to and coming from the airport.
The card gives you up to 8 complimentary single-trip airport transfers or 4 two-way transfers each year. And all of these transfers are in a chauffeur-driven Mercedes E-Class!
The only bump in this luxurious ride is that to be eligible for a transfer in a particular calendar month, you should have spent a minimum of S$3,000 in the previous calendar month. This amount, however, is waived if you spent a minimum of S$60,000 in the previous year.
VIP treatment with complimentary use of JetQuay
Thanks to Maybank’s Visa Infinite Credit Card, you can sit back, relax, and enjoy a meal at a private lounge while a JetQuay host takes care of travel formalities for you and up to two of your guests. This includes immigration check-ins.
If you drive yourself to the airport, you don’t have to worry about parking since you also enjoy free parking for up to 3 days, after which you will be charged S$20 per day.
Here are a few things to keep note of while using this service:
- Complimentary parking is only for cardholders who book both an arrival and a departure service.
- JetQuay services are available for passengers travellig via Changi Airport terminal 1, 2, and 3.
- You will not be able to use the departure service if you are flying on a US-based airline.
- If you are planning to fly with a low-cost carrier, then both arrival and departure services will be unavailable to you.
- Like with the airport transfer, you need to spend a minimum of S$3,000 in the previous month to be eligible to use the JetQuay service. Cardholders who have spent a minimum of S$60,000 in the previous year are exempt from having to meet this minimum spend amount before booking the service.
Visa Luxury Hotel Collection
With your Maybank Visa Infinite Card, you get access to over 900 luxury hotels across the world. These include resorts such as Six Senses, Park Hyatt, and Mandarin Oriental among others.
But it isn’t just access that you get, because you are also guaranteed the best available rate for the hotel of your choice. This rate, however, does not include any discounted rates or on any offers that exist at the time of booking.
So, how do you get the best available rate?
Well, you need to make your booking via the Visa Luxury Hotel website. If you find a lower price for the hotel of your choice on any other website within 24 hours of making the booking, Visa will match that rate! This does not include rates available on flash sale websites.
In addition to this, you also get:
- $25 food and beverage credit per stay and one guest receives complimentary continental breakfast daily.
- VIP guest status and 3:00 p.m. checkout on request.
- 25% off on fast track meet and greet services so that you enjoy the VVIP life! The service, however, is only available in Singapore, Bahrain, Australia, New Zealand, Cambodia, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam Hong Kong, China, Macau, India, Sri Lanka, Japan, Korea, Jordan, Indonesia, Malaysia, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, and the UAE.
- 10% savings on car rentals with Hertz (based on car availability). To enjoy these savings, make sure you make a reservation at least 24 hours before you pick up the vehicle while in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, U.S.A, or Canada. For Asian countries, make sure that your reservation is made 48 hours prior to pick up. Use the code CDP#83181 while making your reservation to get the discount!
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at 86 golf clubs in 18 countries around the world with a minimum spend of S$1,000 in the previous calendar month. You also get to enjoy the paradise of golf that is The Els Club, Malaysia.
- Purchase a minimum of 4 day passes at Universal Studios Singapore and enjoy a VIP tour for a group of 12 people!
- Get priority appointment booking for healthcare services.
- Access to a 24/7 concierge service willing to always go that extra mile for you!
Which Visa Infinite Card wins the showdown?
Purely in terms of earning miles, both of these cards have potentially higher miles earning rate than Maybank’s Visa Infinite Card.
|Maybank Visa Infinite||HSBC Visa Infinite||Standard Chartered Visa Infinite|
|Earnings on local spends||1.2 miles per S$1||1 mile per S$1 (Regular earn rate)
1.25 miles per S$1 (Step up earn rate)
|1.4 miles per S$1 (minimum spend of S$2,000)
1 mile per S$1 (monthly spends below S$2,000)
|Earnings on overseas spends||2 miles per S$1||2 miles per S$1 (Regular earn rate)
2.25 miles per S$1 (Step up earn rate)
|3 miles per S$1 (minimum monthly spend of S$2,000)
1 mile per S$1 (monthly spend below S$2,000)
|Annual fee||S$600 (1-year waiver)||S$650
S$488 (for HSBC Premier customers)
In terms of the privileges that come with the card, all the cards are on the same playing field.
Where Maybank probably wins is the fact that the hefty annual fee is waived for the first year! And each time you convert points to miles, you aren’t charged a fee. What can be better?
To summarise, the Maybank Visa Infinite Card may not be the best card out there in terms of the fancy freebies it offers. But it hands down is the best Visa infinite Card for people who are also looking for practical and everyday benefits with their card!
You may also like: