Travel isn’t just about picking the right location. There is a lot more to ‘getting on that jet plane.’ Airport transfers, lounge access, accessories and of course, the right place! We tell you how to max out the fun with the best credit cards through this journey.
1. Travel in Style
Grab some eyeballs while travelling to the airport for your next vacation in your dream car! Your credit card can make that wish come true.
- Enjoy Limousine transfer service for free, every time you spend S$5,000 with your OCBC Voyage Card in a month.
- For every Uber ride, Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card holders will get a cash rebate of 20%. This offer is available in over 395 cities worldwide. Apart from airport transfers, card holders can save up to S$400 per year on their daily Uber rides.
2. Privileged Access
Ever felt jealous of those who have access to fancy waiting lounges at airports and the best seats on airplanes? Now you can be one of them. Enjoy!
- Get complimentary JetQuay access at Changi International Airport with your Maybank World MasterCard.
While flying Singapore Airlines, enjoy complimentary upgrade from Business Class to First Class or suites with your American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card.
- The Priority Pass Lounge programme on the Standard Chartered Visa Infinite Credit Card gives users complimentary access to over 850 airport lounges up to six times in a year.
- With your DBS Altitude Visa Signature Card, get two free visits to Global Airport Lounge with Priority Pass Membership within 12 months.
3. Why Forgo Fashion?
Who does not like swanky new travel accessories? Flaunt these chic travel essentials on your next trip.
- Apply for an American Express Platinum Credit Card, pay full annual fee and spend S$7,500 in the first six months to receive a stylish Tumi Vapor international carry-on luggage worth S$825. Also, if you opt for the annual fee waiver and spend S$7,500 within the first six months, you get a Samsonite Armet Spinner 57cm expandable luggage worth S$380.
- Sign up for HSBC’s Revolution Credit Card now, spend a minimum of S$1,000 within a month from the card issue date, and receive a Samsonite Black Label Plutus 68cm luggage suitcase worth S$950.
- Get 10% off on your travel essentials from Get Set Go with your UOB card.
4. Safety First
All the fun and frolic can wait. Ensure that you have a travel insurance before the trip begins. Here are a few options available on your credit card.
- Standard Chartered Bank provides free travel insurance coverage up to S$1,000,000 to Visa Infinite Credit Card holders. To avail the insurance coverage, users have to pay the travel fare using their card before they go out of Singapore. This insurance plan will also cover medical expenses of up to S$50, 000, baggage loss of up to S$5,000 (S$1,000 per item) and travel assistance of up to S$100, 000, in certain cases such as medical evacuation, repatriation, etc.
- Enjoy up to S$1 million travel accident insurance cover on your DBS Altitude American Express card.
- Get travel protection up to S$1,000,000 and up to S$50,000 for your child along with additional cover for Medical Assistance Program and Travel Inconvenience on your Citi PremierMiles Visa Card.
5. A discounted slice of heaven!
Now that you are all ready with the basic preparation for your next vacation, select a location, pack and leave! Your card can help you enjoy maximum luxuries at minimum prices.
- Montigo Resorts, Nongsa, Indonesia: Enjoy a 20% off on best available room rates with your OCBC credit card. To make your stay better, the bank offers you 15% off on ala-carte spa treatment and 10% off on food and beverage for dine-in at restaurants.
- Gaya Island Resort, Malaysia: Enjoy your next vacation at this gorgeous resort which is a perfect blend of natural beauty and luxury. With your UOB credit cards, you can book a two nights’ stay for S$898. Inclusions include round-trip economy airfare, round-trip airport transfers, round-trip speedboat transfer and breakfast!
If you’d like to get a credit card, BankBazaar is here to help. We provide you with over 80 choices so that you can find one that best suits your needs. And when you’ve made up your mind, go ahead and apply directly on our site.