As you’ll very likely agree, one of the hardest decisions in our very comfortable lives is deciding what’s for dinner. We can tackle any of the challenges the world throws at us, but deciding what to eat? Let’s just hope someone else is up to it.
It’s not for the lack of choices for sure. In fact, it’s probably due to choice paralysis. Singapore houses some of the world’s most eclectic tastes when it comes to dining.
So, when you’ve finally decided what to eat and had your fill, we hope you don’t have to crack your head over how to pay. Food coma seldom helps us make smart decisions.
Read up here first, and get these credit cards that are great for dining cashback, rewards or discounts.
HSBC Revolution Card
Looking for a revolutionarily rewarding experience of using your credit card? Well, the HSBC Revolution Card can be your next one-card-fits-most-categories card. But especially suited for dining, here is what you’re in for:
- 5X Rewards on local dining at cafes, restaurants and food outlets.
- No minimum spend requirement and no cap on rewards.
- You can exchange your reward points for air miles with Frequent Flyer Programmes from Singapore Airlines (KrisFlyer miles) and Air Asia (Asia miles). 5,000 Reward points = 2,000 miles.
- Rewards can also be redeemed for cash rebate and vouchers.
- Dining within hotels are not eligible to earn rewards.
- Reward points expire after 3 years.
Thinking of getting this card? Here’s our review: HSBC Revolution Card Review: Is This a Good Card to Have?
OCBC 365 Credit Card
Going a step further from the concept of one-card-fits-most-categories, how about one card that fits all categories? The name aptly describes what this OCBC card has to offer, every day of the year with highest earning potential on dining in the following ways:
- 6% cashback on local weekend dining.
- 3% cashback on local weekday dining.
- 3% cashback on overseas dining.
- Minimum spend of S$600 per month (overall spend) is required to earn up to 6% cashback on dining.
- Otherwise, you will earn a flat cashback rate of 0.3% on all spends.
- Cashback has a cap of S$80 per month.
We have reviewed the OCBC 365 card here.
Citi Cash Back Card
Here’s another card which doesn’t require you to dig much to realise what’s really on offer. The Citi Cash Back Card offers one of the highest cashback for those who would rather be rewarded in kind – money for money!
- 8% cashback on dining worldwide at cafes, restaurants and bars.
- 8% cashback on food delivery from Foodpanda.
- Foodpanda discount – Up to 25% discount on Foodpanda delivery on spending a minimum amount of S$35 (in addition to earning 8% cashback). This discount is valid up to 31 December 2017.
- Minimum spend of S$888 (overall spend) is required to earn 8% cashback. Otherwise, you will earn a flat cashback rate of 0.25% on all spends.
- Cashback on dining is capped at S$25 per month.
Love it? Want it? Want to read our review too? Click here for the Citi Cash Back Card review.
American Express Platinum Credit Card
Love fine dining but can’t afford it daily? Well, here are some dining perks from the American Express Platinum Card that you simply cannot miss and isn’t very heavy on your wallet.
- Platinum dining – Savings up to 50% at more than 60 local restaurants in the following ways:
- Love dining @ hotels – Up to 50% savings on food bills at select 5-star hotels in Singapore. This benefit is valid for an unlimited number of visits.
- The Far Card Classic Membership – Complimentary membership worth S$425 nett with savings up to 50% at Fairmont Singapore, Swissotel Merchant Court and Swissotel The Stamford Singapore.
- Love dining @ restaurants – Savings up to 50% on select restaurants across Singapore.
- Michelin Guide Singapore official card partner – You will enjoy exclusive invitations and privileges to Michelin starred guest chef dinners.
- American Express Selects – Savings up to 50% at restaurants under American Express Selects.
- American Express Global Dining Program – Enjoy dining offers that can be redeemed at restaurants in Singapore and overseas.
- The annual fee on this credit card is S$321. First year may be waived depending on promotions.
- High minimum annual income requirement of S$50,000 for Singapore citizens and Permanents and S$60,000 for foreigners.
Bank of China (BOC) Family Card
For a family that stays and eats together, spends a lot together too right? Well, not anymore. Taking your family out for a nice dinner is about to get a lot more frequent and affordable, thanks to the BOC Family Card.
- 7% cash rebate on local dining.
- 7% cash rebate on overseas dining.
- Dining includes transactions made at cafes, restaurants and fast food outlets.
- Cash rebate is capped at S$120 per month out of which a maximum rebate of S$100 will be issued for principal credit card spends and rebate of S$20 for supplementary credit card spends. (Annual cashback cap of S$1,440 is applicable).
- Minimum spend monthly is only S$500.
- Hmm.. the card is so good that now you have to go through the hassle of applying for another card, and you can’t apply through BankBazaar (yet)?
- If you don’t hit the minimum spend, your cashback rate is 0.5%. (But even this is better than most cards!)
CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
If food takes you across borders and around the world, then the CIMB Visa Signature Card is perfect for you. Not only does this card charge 0% administrative fee, but also offers discounts and rebate on dining in Singapore and overseas.
- 10% cash rebate on Wine and Dine including dinner and nightlife expenses.
- Cross-Border CIMB Bank Regional Deals – Dining discounts at partner merchants in Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia.
- Low minimum spend requirement of S$500 per month (overall spend) is applicable.
- The minimum spend must be met by making at least 8 transactions worth S$30 or more within the same month.
- Cash rebate is capped at S$60 per month. After meeting this cap, you will only earn 0.2% cash rebate on all spends.
Want to take this credit card for a spin around the neighbouring countries? Here is something to get you started: 5 Nearby Countries Every Singaporean on a Budget Should Visit.
Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card
If food and travel are your two favourite things in the world, then your next meal can fly you to your favourite overseas destination! Yup, dining using this Maybank credit card will earn you miles; miles to save and miles to go!
- 3.2 air miles or 8X TREATS Points per S$1 spent on dining.
- TREATS Points can be redeemed for dining vouchers.
- Minimum spend of S$300 per month (overall spend) is required to earn 3.2 air miles/8 TREATS Points.
- A cap of 30,000 TREATS Points per month is applicable.
So, go ahead and use your dining card to get more exciting epicurean adventures, cause ain’t nobody got time to wash the dishes.