As you’ll very likely agree, one of the hardest decisions in our very comfortable lives is deciding what’s for dinner. We can tackle any of the challenges the world throws at us, but deciding what to eat? Let’s just hope someone else is up to it.
It’s not for the lack of choices for sure. In fact, it’s probably due to choice paralysis. Singapore houses some of the world’s most eclectic tastes when it comes to dining. So, when you’ve finally decided what to eat and had your fill, we hope you don’t have to crack your head over how to pay.
And because we know that a food coma seldom helps in making smart decisions, here is a quick summary of the credit cards you can use to make sure you are aptly rewarded each time you dine out!
|UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card||Air miles||10X UNI$ (equivalent to 4 miles) per S$1 at restaurants that accept contactless payments|
|Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card||Air miles||8x TREATS Points (3.2 air miles) per S$1|
|BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard||Air miles||Promotional offer (until 31 December 2018)
– 2 miles per S$1 spent locally
– 5 miles per S$1 spent overseas
From 1 January 2019
– 1.5 miles per S$1 spent locally
– 3 miles per S$1 spent overseas
|HSBC Revolution Credit Card||Air miles||5x Rewards points (2 miles) per S$1 spent on local dining|
|OCBC VOYAGE||Air miles||1.6 VOYAGE miles per S$1 spent on local dining|
|BOC Family Card||Cashback||10% cashback on local dining spends|
|CIMB Visa Signature||Cash rebate||10% rebate on dining and entertainment spends|
|Citi Cash Back Card||Cash back||8% cash back at local and overseas restaurants, bars, and cafes|
|UOB YOLO||Cashback||8% cashback on weekend dining|
|American Express Platinum Credit Card||Savings||– Up to 50% off at selected hotels with Love Dining @Hotels
– Up to 50% off at selected restaurants with Love Dining @ Restaurants
– Up to 50% savings with American Express Selects
– Dining offers from The American Express Global Dining Program
For more details about each card, read on!
1. UOB Preferred Platinum Visa Card
This UOB Card is great if you are looking to rack up the miles while you enjoy dining in and around Singapore. Granted, the points are on contactless transactions, but with almost all restaurants, fast food chains, and food courts accepting contactless payments, this isn’t a deterrent.
- 10X UNI$ (4 miles) per S$1 spent on contactless transactions.
- Get access to over 1,000 dining and entertainment privileges.
- UNI$ earned on contactless transactions is capped at UNI$2,000 per calendar month.
- UNI$ are valid only for 2 years.
2. Maybank Horizon Visa Signature Card
If food and travel are your two favourite things in the world, then your next meal can fly you to your favourite overseas destination! Yup, dining using this Maybank credit card will earn you miles, 3.2 miles per S$1 to be exact.
- 3.2 miles or 8X TREATS Points per S$1 spent on dining.
- TREATS Points can be redeemed for dining vouchers.
- Minimum spend of S$300 per month (overall spend) is required to earn 3.2 miles/8 TREATS Points.
- A cap of 30,000 TREATS Points per month is applicable.
3. BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard
Currently, the highest miles earning card in Singapore, the BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard is a must-have card for everyday spends. By using this card for local and overseas dining transactions, you guarantee yourself great food and enough air miles to redeem for flight tickets for your next vacation.
- Get 2 miles per S$1 spent locally and 5 miles per S$1 spent overseas (valid until 31 December 2018).
- Earn 1.5 miles per S$1 and 3 miles per S$1 spent overseas after the promotional period.
- No minimum spend and no cap on the miles you can earn.
- Points are valid for a period of 12 to 24 months.
- The points to miles conversion fee is S$30 per conversion as opposed to S$25 charged by most banks.
Travel and food on your mind? Check out: BOC Elite Miles World Mastercard Review: The Card You Need Right Now For General Spending
1. HSBC Revolution Credit Card
Looking for a revolutionarily rewarding experience of using your credit card? Well, the HSBC Revolution Credit Card can be your next one-card-fits-most-categories card. But especially suited for dining, here is what you’re in for:
- 5x Rewards points on local dining at cafes, restaurants, and food outlets.
- No minimum spend requirement and no cap on rewards on dining and entertainment transactions.
- Rewards can also be redeemed for cash rebate and vouchers.
- Points can be converted to KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles. 5,000 Rewards points = 2,000 miles.
- Reward points have a 3-year validity period.
- Dining at restaurants, bars, and cafes within hotels are not eligible to earn rewards.
Thinking of getting this card? Here’s our review: HSBC Revolution Card Review: A Very Useful Miles Card for Millennials
5. OCBC VOYAGE
Looking to dine at the finest restaurants in every city in the world? If you are, you should get the card that is welcomed in every city in the world! The OCBC VOYAGE Card doesn’t just reward your spending, but it also ensures that each time you wine and dine, you do it in style!
- 1.6 VOYAGE Miles per S$1 spent on local dining.
- Enjoy a 30% discount during weekdays on lunch at Mezza9, Grand Hyatt Singapore (minimum order of one dish per person is applicable). This offer is valid until 28 February 2019.
- Enjoy complimentary wine or champagne on advance reservation at Odette.
- VOYAGE Miles earned don’t expire so you can use your miles whenever you wish to!
- VOYAGE Miles can be redeemed for luxury goods, cash, and retail vouchers as well.
- Dining at eateries within hotels and country clubs will earn the regular earn rate of 1.2 VOYAGE Miles per S$1 spent.
- Annual fee ranges from S$488 to S$3,210.
- There is no annual fee waiver.
6. Bank of China (BOC) Family Card
A family that stays and eats together, spends a lot together too right? Well, not anymore. Taking your family out for a nice dinner is about to get a lot more frequent and affordable, thanks to the BOC Family Card.
- 10% cash rebate on local dining.
- 10% cash rebate on overseas dining.
- Cash rebate on local and overseas dining is capped at S$30 per statement cycle.
- To enjoy the 10% cash rebate, you need to spend a minimum of S$700 per month.
- Spends less than S$700 receive the base cash rebate of 0.3%.
Food for thought: BOC Family Card Review: Still the Best Cashback Card in Singapore?
7. CIMB Visa Signature Credit Card
If food takes you across borders and around the world, then the CIMB Visa Signature Card is perfect for you. Not only does this card charge 0% administrative fee on foreign currency transactions, but it also offers discounts and rebate on dining in Singapore and overseas.
- 10% cash rebate on Wine and Dine including dinner and nightlife expenses in Singapore.
- Cross-Border CIMB Bank Regional Deals – Dining discounts at partner merchants in Malaysia and Indonesia.
- Low minimum spend requirement of S$500 per month (overall spend) is applicable.
- The minimum spend must be met by making at least 8 transactions worth S$30 or more within the same statement period.
- Cash rebate is capped at S$60 per month. After meeting this cap, you will only earn 0.2% cash rebate on all spends.
Here’s something to chew on: 20 Awesome Salad Places in the CBD Area You Can Try for Lunch
8. Citi Cash Back Card
Here’s another card which doesn’t require you to dig much to realise what’s really on offer. The Citi Cash Back Card offers one of the highest cash back for those who would rather be rewarded in kind – money for money!
- 8% cash back on dining worldwide at cafes, restaurants, and bars.
- Access to exclusive dining deals with Citibank Gourmet Pleasures.
- Minimum monthly spend of S$888 (overall spend) is required to earn 8% cash back. Otherwise, you will earn a flat cashback rate of 0.25% on all spends.
- Cashback is capped at S$25 per statement month.
Love it? Want it? Want to read our review too? Citi Cash Back Card Review: Great Stuff or Just Fluff?
9. UOB YOLO Credit Card
If your idea of a grand adventure is to discover new places to eat, then the UOB YOLO Card is the one for you.
- UOB cardholders get 8% rebate on weekend dining in Singapore and overseas. On weekdays, this dining rebate is 3%.
- Access to dining options courtesy YOLO Eat.
- Cash rebate is capped at S$60 per statement month.
- The minimum monthly spend to be eligible for the rebate is S$600. Monthly spends below S$600 will earn a base cash rebate of 0.3%.
10. American Express Platinum Credit Card
Love fine dining but can’t afford it daily? Well, here are some dining perks from the American Express Platinum Card that you simply cannot miss.
Platinum dining – Savings up to 50% at more than 60 local restaurants in the following ways:
- Love Dining @ Hotels – Up to 50% savings on food bills at participating 5-star hotels in Singapore. This benefit is valid for an unlimited number of visits.
- The Far Card Classic Membership – Complimentary membership worth S$425 nett with savings up to 50% at Fairmont Singapore, Swissotel Merchant Court, and Swissotel The Stamford Singapore.
- Love Dining @ Restaurants – Savings up to 50% at participating restaurants across Singapore.
- Michelin Guide Singapore official card partner – You will enjoy exclusive invitations and privileges to Michelin starred guest chef dinners.
- American Express Selects – Savings up to 50% at restaurants across the globe with American Express Selects.
- American Express Global Dining Program – Enjoy dining offers that can be redeemed at restaurants worldwide.
- The annual fee on this credit card is S$321.
- High minimum annual income requirement of S$50,000 for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents and S$60,000 for foreigners.
OCBC 365 Credit Card
Going a step further from the concept of one-card-fits-most-categories, how about one card that fits all categories? The name aptly describes what this OCBC card has to offer. And when it comes to dining, here’s what you’ll get:
- 6% cashback on local and overseas dining, all day every day!
- 6% cashback on online food delivery.
- Minimum spend of S$800 per month (overall spend) is required to earn up to 6% cashback on dining. Otherwise, you will earn a flat cashback rate of 0.3% on all spends.
- Cashback is capped at S$80 per calendar month.
Here’s what we think of this card: OCBC 365 Credit Card Review: High Cashback or Cashback Everyday?
So, go ahead and use your dining card to get more exciting epicurean adventures, ‘cause ain’t nobody got time to wash the dishes!
Hungry for more? Check out our other picks: