It is family vacation time! If you are wondering where to go, here are some suggestions for child-friendly hotels around Singapore that will be perfect for a holiday with the kids.
1. The Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa Resort and Spa, Sentosa Island, Singapore
Located on a beachfront, Shangri-La’s resort on the Sentosa Island is the perfect getaway for the family. The hotel has gone out of the way to keep the little ones occupied in a fun way. Take a look at what’s on offer:
- Kids get to hang out at the Toots Club, a place where many fun activities are planned for children aged 5-12.
- For toddlers, there is a play area called the Mini Toots Club, which is supervised by the hotel staff.
- At the Cool Zone, kids can play on the latest gaming consoles and watch movies. There are also games such as air hockey, table tennis, board games, foosball, and car racing which the entire family can enjoy!
- At the restaurant, kid friendly meals are included in the buffet and kid’s meals are also available à la carte.
- Other fun things to do include water sports on site, canoeing, hiking, swimming and golfing nearby.
- Universal Studios, a favourite with people of all ages, is just a mile away.
Know before you book: Complimentary access to the Toots Club facilities and meals is given to guests who choose to book a resort package like the Family Fun Package or the 7 Nights Getaway Package.
2. Hotel Angsana Bintan, Lagoi, Indonesia
Located on a private beach in Lagoi, Angsana Bintan is an affordable five-star resort to take your kids to for a vacation. Private beach in no way means that you are stuck with the brood having nowhere to go, thank heavens! The hotel offers a whole bunch of interesting things to do for kids of all ages:
- The outdoorsy types can be enticed with activities on site like diving, canoeing, hiking, windsurfing, and fishing.
- If your brat pack prefers staying indoors, there is a gaming room where they can remain busy playing on gaming consoles. There are also games such as billiards, darts, table tennis and board games, all without an extra charge.
- For the younger lot, there is a fully supervised play area.
- Nature lovers can explore Lagoi’s mangrove forests and plant corals to restore this endangered species at the resort’s marine conservation lab.
- Meals at the restaurant are also child friendly and can be ordered à la carte.
Know before you book: If you book a family package, kids below the age of 12 dine free and a complimentary extra bed is offered. Discounts on booking in advance are also offered. Free access to the kids club is given if you opt for special packages such as the Awesome Deal or the Family Fun Package.
Which credit card to use: The DBS Woman’s World MasterCard is a great choice. 10x points on your online bookings, or an equivalent of 4 miles per dollar spend. Note that there is a monthly cap of S$2,000 to earn the 10x points.
3. The Conrad Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
Set on the posh Tanjung Benoa beach, the Conrad Nusa Dua is the place to go to if you’re looking for the best in luxury. Stay here if you want to pamper yourselves and the kids! Some of the fun things on offer include:
- For kids aged between 3-12, the Kura Kura club offers different fun activities and games everyday.
- At the Jiwa Spa, a relaxing spa plan for the little ones is available.
- Kids can learn how to play tennis from professional coaches.
- Cooking classes are offered by hotel chefs for kids; junior masterchef anyone?
- Activities such as dancing and kite making helps kids learn about local culture.
- A range of watersports such as snorkelling, diving, canoeing, and surfing are available. The kids can also set out and explore marine life.
- Daily soccer and beach volleyball games are organised for kids.
Know before you book: Taking the Family Connection pack gives you a greater experience at a lower cost. With this package you get complimentary access to the Kura Kura club, five consecutive hours of nanny services, and free meals for kids aged 12 and under.
4. The Datai Langkawi, Langkawi, Malaysia
Located on the island of Langkawi along a private beach, the Datai Langkawi is another comfortable and affordable place to stay if you’re travelling with children. Here’s what the little ones can do:
- Kids get to explore the island’s rainforests through complimentary guided tours by an internationally renowned naturalist.
- Treks and swims in the forest are organised for kids.
- Water sports are available on site.
- Mountain biking is free of cost.
- Movies, books and games are available at the kids club if your brood prefers to stay indoors.
- If you decide on exploring Langkawi’s coastline, a cruise to Naga Pelangi can be organised directly from the hotel.
Know before you book: The Family Escapade Plan offers stay in a rainforest villa, free breakfast, complimentary children’s meals, free wifi, complimentary use of minibar, and free use of water sport facilities. The plan starts at S$1,407 for a minimum of 3 days and 2 nights.
Which credit card to use: Your Citi PremierMiles Visa or American Express credit cards will net you 6 miles per S$1 under this Agoda x Citi promotion. This offer is from now till 31 December 2017, for stays valid till 30 June 2018.
5. The Four Seasons Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand
This posh resort located on a beach front at Koh Samui is the most family and child friendly luxury resort in the area. Warning: Staying at this place will spoil you and the little ones, so watch out! Here’s an overview of the fun in store:
- The Secret Garden spa, an exclusive spa for kids has special packages to help kids unwind and relax.
- A well equipped library with the newest movies and books keeps kids occupied.
- Family cooking classes are offered by hotel chefs.
- Muay Thai kickboxing and other fitness classes are available.
- Recreational activities are planned on the beach everyday.
- Water sports are available on site.
- At the beach house, one can play games such as billiards, air hockey, table tennis, or on gaming consoles.
- A private yacht can be hired to explore the island.
Know before you book: Special discounts can be availed while booking in advance on services such as the spa and Muay Thai. Offers like free breakfast and extra night are also available.
Which credit card to use: Maximise your credit card rewards while booking your family vacation. Use your HSBC Advance Credit Card for up to 3.5% cashback on all purchases. Read our review of the card here.